Watching a house being built from the ground up for a family and knowing that your donation is physically in the foundation, the walls, the roof or the paint is so rewarding. Habitat is happy to accept sponsorship donations from manufacturers, businesses, developers, or individuals for use in our homes.
Your tax deductible donation of materials or professional services help offset our costs and allow us to put more funding towards building more homes. Call us if you would like more information or to make a donation.
What are Gifts In-Kind?
A Gift In-Kind is a tax-deductible gift of materials, services and/or labor that has monetary value to Habitat for Humanity York County.
Examples of Gifts In-Kind include:
- A donation of shingles that Habitat would have otherwise had to purchase
- A plumber donating materials and his/her time to install the plumbing
- A donation of a survey of a building lot
- A donation of land
How are Gifts In-Kind valued and accounted for?
- Donors submit a breakdown of costs of services and/or materials
- Donor will receive a thank you letter acknowledging the tax-deductible donation
- Habitat accounts for Gifts In-Kind in its bookkeeping by assigning a value for what it would have to pay for the materials or services
- The donor is responsible for assigning a fair market value to the Gift In-Kind for his or her own tax purposes
Our Habitat construction site is a natural team building environment for both large and small organizations. From a Full House Sponsorship to a Team Build Day Sponsorship, your company, congregation or organization can make a significant difference by helping to build a safe and decent home for a York County family. Call us for more information.